Random shots. Odd thoughts.

Beautiful images, shots of life around me and the thoughts often crowding my head.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Single... hood or doom?


I am single. Well, divorced, if that's different. It'll be 5 years in July, and I never looked back. I was married for 11 years, unhappy for about 7. I don't regret my decision, not once. My life was more comfortable financially, but still I wouldn't go back.

About 2 years ago, I signed up to a singles group. I finally had people to go out with at the drop of a hat. Others with whom I shared this status. It was great. IS. Mostly. I don't believe in bar pickups, or in justifying everything with the 'I was drunk' excuse. I think that's acceptable for 20 somethings, but once you hit your 30s, you gotta have some respect. SELF respect. Or maybe I'm just a big ole' prude.

In any case, I often catch myself feeling embarrased for women who are desperate enough for male attention that they'll do anything to get it. Or is it that I envy their ability to just put it all out there? Could be a little of both. The truth is, I don't believe in fucking a guy simply because he's got the equipment, nor do I believe I have be in love with him. I do, however, have to be into him enough not to regret it after the alcohol buzz diminishes.

That's just me.

About this shot: Abandoned building near Downtown Houston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home