Random shots. Odd thoughts.

Beautiful images, shots of life around me and the thoughts often crowding my head.

Monday, April 03, 2006

On again, off again.

Better.
Best.
Improve.
Goals. Goals. Goals.

Can you be happy without them? Is goal achievement the measure of a person? I guess, to a degree, it is. Achieving goals gives us a sense of power, a taste of success. But it bites when you miss the mark.

My downfall seems to be my inability to set realistic or short-term goals. I can tell you what I want to achieve at the end of the road, but I never think about the steps to get there as a necessary part of my goal-setting.

To top it off, if I hit a bump, I just get off the wagon all together; you know, because I failed the objective. I'm a all or nothing kinda girl, it would seem, and it often is NOTHING at all.

I'm almost 40, and the second unhealthiest person I know. I want to change that before my birthday in December. I'm setting goals to accomplish my mission. Little, but vital, changes I want to keep up for the rest of my life. Change my routines or, at the very least, begin to have a few and turn them into habits.

For this week, I will concentrate on tracking everything. Food, exercise, water, alcohol, and money. Change my 'if I don't see/think about, it must not be real' attitude.

About this shot: Trees at Parque El Nispero. Valle de Anton, Panama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home