Random shots. Odd thoughts.

Beautiful images, shots of life around me and the thoughts often crowding my head.

Friday, April 07, 2006

As it turns out...


Mother WAS right. Guys don't respect the good time girl. After my divorce, I went through this phase where I decided I'd try on the slutty outfit. And slut around I did. I had a great time, and some awesome sex. No regrets. I'd been married for what seemed like forever, and I just wanted to have some fun. OK, I wanted to have sex. The good and dirty kind.

My motto was 'if you're looking for no-strings sex, we can talk'. It worked, for the most part; some of the guys I liked too much, some of them liked me too much. I wasn't looking for anything permanent. That said, I don't believe in dating games.

Tonight I got a glimpse at the male mind. I met a couple of friends for drinks, they had been at happy hour for a few hours before I got there, so they were VERY happy. By then, they had been working the room for a while, made some friends, made out with one their gals, while they felt up the male counterparts. I thought I was filming a Girls Gone Wild video. Not behavior I expect from women over 35, not behavior I expect from friends I've known for a while.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a prude, BUT I don't believe in making out with ANY guy, just because he has a dick, nor am I making out with some strange girl for their entertainment. There was just something about the way the guys egged my friends on, whispered among themselves, laughed... at them. My friends played a role in their boyish fantasies, but they weren't at all interested in them, they were amusement.

It made me sad. Sad for my friends. Sad for these guys who THINK they know who my friends are, or what they're about. Sad for every single woman trying to figure out what a guy wants. Sad for every single guy who perpetuates the game as a way to find a girl. Sad for every girl who thinks she has to play the game to get a guy.

About this shot: Electrical plug near a park on Allen Parkway. Houston, TX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home