Random shots. Odd thoughts.

Beautiful images, shots of life around me and the thoughts often crowding my head.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The best birth control.



Other people's kids. Hands down. None of the pesky side effects, all of the reality. I chose not to have any of my own, and it was the best decision I made for many reasons, I won't bore you with any of them.

I love people's reactions when I tell them I'm 39, was married for 11 years, and don't have kids. It's a combination look, really. A bit of pity, a lot of fear, the kind of fear you see in people's eyes when the discover the serial murderer next door. It seems, if you're a female, you're supposed to want -no, NEED, to procreate. Not so much. Children and marriage are 2 things you should only do because you feel in your heart it's what you want. If you're trying to comply with society, friends, parents, your priest, YOU should have your head examined.

About this shot: Manhole cover. Houston, TX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home